Did you know that your oral health offers clues about your overall health, or are you aware that problems with your mouth can affect the rest of your body? Although impossible to believe, the fact is that your oral health is more important than you might realize. Dental health, like overall health, plays a significant role in maintaining a healthy life. Early oral examination aids in the detection of the oral problems early and helps to maintain oral health and modify aberrant habits.
" First dental visit be after the presence of the first tooth or by a child's first birthday "
Pediatric Dentistry is an age defined speciality that provides both primary and comprehensive, preventive and therapeutic oral health care for infants and children through adolescence, including those with special health care needs.
What does a Pedodontist do?
A Pedodontist, in the recent past referred to as a Pediatric Dentist, is one such specialist who works solely with children to attend to their particular and various dental needs. A Pedodontist cares for children from birth through adolescence and performs all aspects of Dentistry, including identification of risk factors, modification of dietary and oral hygiene practices, infant oral health examination, evaluation of oral development, preventive dental care, management of oral habits, endodontic procedures on primary and young permanent teeth, full mouth rehabilitation, prevention and interception of malocclusion, prevention of oral injuries, minor surgical procedures, dental care for special children and timely dental intervention etc. They work hand in hand with the parent, educate them and discuss the treatment plans for the future.
Why Pedodontics at Ahalia ?
Your child deserves the best dental care possible. We are here to help establish a dental home where your child will learn healthy habits and behaviors that will last throughout their lives.
At Ahalia, our Department of Pedodontics offers comprehensive services for children who suffer from dental issues and other needs. The center has a well-equipped state-of-the-art facility for the complete examination, diagnosis, and treatment of all dental problems. We focus on preventive home care (brushing, flossing and fluorides), a caries risk assessment, information on finger, thumb, and pacifier habits, and may include advice on preventing injuries to the mouth and teeth of children, diet counselling, and information on growth and development. Our experienced team delivers highly advanced, pain-free dental treatment for children. We always keep a multidisciplinary approach for the early detection, diagnosis, and treatment of pediatric dental issues. Our dedicated unit of health care who have trained extensively in their respective field led by Dr. Premna P Raj, BDS, MDS (Pediatric and Preventive Dentistry), functioning together to enhance the quality of life of children mourning from dental diseases. Using different aspects of child psychology, we aim at making your child’s dental visit a pleasant experience and instill a positive dental attitude in children.
Dental Care We Offer
- Dental health education including infant and maternal oral health care and plaque control measures
- Behavior assessment and its management
- Evaluation of changes on dentofacial structures
- Preventive and interceptive procedures ie, fluoride application, pit and fissure sealant, space maintaining and space regaining procedures
- Restoration, Endodontic (Hand/Rotary instrumentation technique), Crown placements
- Management of gingival and periodontal diseases in children
- Preventive and interceptive orthodontic treatments which include skeletal and dental malocclusion along with oral habits correction
- Management of dental trauma in children
- Dental care in children with medically compromised and special health care needs
- Minor oral surgical procedures
Tips for a Positive Dental Experience
- Schedule 1st visit by age 1
- Schedule morning appointments for young children, when they tend to be rested and cooperative
- Use simple and positive words
- Never use the dentist as a threat
- Please keep your anxiety to yourself
- Do not bribe your child to come to the dentist